26 Apr The first edition of the Andorra sports scale-up program has selected the winners
Andorra Business and Andorra Research + Innovation (Andorra) is pleased to announce the winners of the first edition of the Andorra Sports Scale-Up Program, developed in partnership with Global Sports Innovation Center (GSIC) and with the support of SPSG Consulting (SPSG). After receiving over 40 applications from around the world, the expert board has selected three promising sport-tech companies that have the potential to improve the sports industry and scale internationally.
The winning startups are Qlac, Bobsla, and Etelätär Innovation.
- Qlac is a Polish company that have created a sensor with which the training of athletes, regardless of the level, will be easily measurable with previously unknown precision, using a watch-size sensor.
- Bobsla, from Germany, develops e-vehicles for inclusion people the snow resorts – both those who are sportive and those who do not have skills or abilities. Their solution is 4-5 Bobsla machines plus spare batteries plus charging station plus the time measuring systems. Only small snow surface (like 50 to 100 meters), 220 V electricity and one assistant are needed to entertain your guests.
- Etelätär Innovation, from Finland with presence in Andorra, specialises in deploying next-gen, low-cost, low-energy wayfinding, tracking & parking solutions, and in addition operate 360º premium electro-mobility systems and process retired EV lithium batteries to manufacture energy storage systems.
These startups will have access to a three-month scale-up program that includes content, mentoring sessions, and activities related to entrepreneurship and innovation, internationalizing in the sports industry, Andorra’s ecosystem, marketing and sales, business model, strategy, finances, and much more. The mentors of this program will be recognized sports industry experts such as:
- Francisco Santolo, CEO, Scalabl
- Sebastián Lancestremère, Sports Industry Managing Director, Microsoft
- Carlos Canto, CEO, SPSG Consulting
- Javier Sobrino, PhD, Managing Partner, Aser Ventures
- Andres Mercader, Co-founder, Xeerpa
- Raj Sambwani, APAC Lead, GSIC powered by Microsoft
The Andorra Sports Scale-Up Program aims to support promising startups in the sports-tech industry, with priority given to winter and mountain sports solutions. The program is a great opportunity for the Andorran ecosystem to connect with innovative startups and help them scale internationally. The call for applications opened on March 9 and closed on April 14, with Spain, the USA, and Andorra being the countries with the most applications submitted.
The selection process was rigorous and based on six key criteria: innovation, impact, scalability, team maturity, sustainability, and business model.
The Andorra Sports Scale-Up Program and its partners are committed to supporting the development of the sports industry and its potential for growth and innovation. The selected startups will have access to a unique program that will help them grow their businesses and make a positive impact in the sports industry.